Intimacy is the best thing that can happen to a relationship. In this over-sexed society, real feeling is often cast aside in favor of cheap thrills and meaningless encounters with random partners. What is intimacy? It is the undeniable closeness that beings on the inescapable urge to be near your partner. It is the magnetic force that draws your bodies and souls together.
Intimacy is the gift of true, mature love. It is not achieved during fly-by-night relationships based solely on sexual gratification, nor is it present in the first blush of hormone-driven adolescent crushes. It is the hallmark of love that is old, but not stale; comfortable, but not worn out; it is beautiful and magical. Intimacy is worth waiting for simply because there is no feeling on earth that can compare to it. Like the olive that has endured on the branch, intimacy is love that has fully ripened.
What used to be “just sex” becomes powerful lovemaking. Kissing, hand holding, and public displays of affection are commonplace and immensely enjoyable. Arguments are infrequent, and even when they involve yelling, they are quickly forgotten when the making up begins. So you must ask yourself: “Do I want and deserve total fulfillment?” If so, wait for intimacy. Without it, sex is empty and relationships are a waste of time. <3
The worst thing is caring about someone, wondering how they are and what they’re up to. When the truth is they’ve stopped wondering about you a long time ago. You used to be able to talk about everything right? But now, more than ever it seems impossible to even start a decent conversation with them. Then it’s worse when you can’t deny that things have changed. You grow so apart, and yet you were so close that you can’t being to comprehend what happened. And now you have to face the fact that you will no longer be there every single time you guys need each other.
It becomes an all to familiar feeling and the memories are played in our heads like an ipod on repeat. You’ll still feel their lips moving across yours, the dimples on their cheeks from that smile, the way your hands would gently be holding their waist, or the way you would lay down with each other to watch each others favorite shows. The scent of them on you, the way their presence would give you that comfort. It can be years since they’ve left, but for some it might feel like they were there yesterday. But even with all of the chaos, be grateful. At least you guys found safety in each other, while it was good. <3
5 pathetic break up lines.
- "It’s not you, it’s me." Well no matter if this is said or not, the one who lost their lover is going to wonder what they did wrong. This line is known for what it is meant, “It’s you, not me.” But these words are a weak attempt at trying to alleviate the pain, thus, a way to avoid responsibility.
- "You can do much better than me." This is one of the worst excuses ever. If you feel that person can do better, how about you become better? How about you become that person you feel like they deserve? Whoever says this is just trying to look as sympathetic as seemingly possible.
- "It’s just bad timing." A person will always be busy, with school, friends, etc, etc Is their ever good timing? No, but this line makes it seem like the other one still cares for the other one deeply. Remember time should not be a factor, if you really love someone you will make time for them.
- "I love you but it’s over." Question of the day: If you loved someone, would you leave them? No, because you want to be with them. This is just one line that causes confusion, anger, betrayal and a lack of sense of closure to the one that was dumped.
- "I think we should see other people." This means, “I want someone else, and I’m really not into you anymore, but I still want you in my life.” People will try to use this one to make it seem as if the other person was losing interest to, it’s a mind tactic that really plays with you.
Always remember that if there is a lack of responsibility, courage, and honesty in a relationship, it will mostly likely end with one of these pathetic break-up lines. Always be honest, and always say the truth, the truth can help one improve the next relationship because honesty leads to closure.